Can’t see the web player, click here to listen directly.
Happy Holidays! Whatever it is that you celebrate at this time of year, as long as you do it with love and kindness, we hope that you are having a great celebration. In this season of gift-giving, we want to highlight the gifts we’ve received from you, our listeners and give you some things to think about as you’re getting ready to start 2020 with a bang.
In this episode, Mathew and I review your feedback and answer questions from our listener mailbag. We talk about being thankful for the gifts we received this year, what some listeners have shared about how the show has impacted them and their team, how to have an honest conversation with a defensive boss, the what and why of introducing vulnerability into the workplace, and so much more!
Thank you to everybody who has provided feedback, support, and encouragement so far. If you haven’t reached out yet, we still want to hear from you! Share the experiences you’ve had on your journey to becoming the consummate leader by attraction and let us know how we can help you even more. Again, thank you for allowing us to be a part of your journey.
- Why we’re thankful for the gifts we’ve been given (0:56)
- A look at some of the feedback we’ve received for the show (3:20)
- Why your light is important as a leader by attraction (4:33)
- The impact of considering your motive on the feedback process (7:56)
- How to be honest with a defensive boss (11:06)
- Why you should prioritize your team members (12:30)
- My step-by-step approach for communicating your concerns about your relationship with your boss (13:19)
- When to avoid having an honest conversation with your boss (17:35)
- The right way to introduce vulnerability into the workplace (20:00)
- The deeper meaning of vulnerability (21:10)
- What to do when you find yourself in a position beyond your experience (21:30)
- Why should you care about vulnerability in the workplace (23:36)
- The power of storytelling and connection (24:09)
- My four power questions about storytelling (25:10)
- And much more!
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Our series on feedback:
- Our series on appropriate vulnerability:
- Sheer Clarity Episode 7 | Appropriate Vulnerability Part 1: What is It?
- Sheer Clarity Episode 8 | Appropriate Vulnerability Part 2: How to be Appropriately Vulnerable as a Leader
- Sheer Clarity Episode 9 | Appropriate Vulnerability Part 3: Encouraging it in Others
- Sheer Clarity Episode 10 | Battling Imposter Syndrome
- The Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
- My four power questions about storytelling :
- Share a memory of a happy time or a happy event that you have in your life as a child.
- Tell a story about one of your life’s most challenging times or situations.
- Tell a lesson that you have learned from the challenges you faced because those are the ones that tend to teach us and how it has affected the way you treat other people.
- Tell us one thing going on in your life that gives you joy and one thing that makes you sad.
Click here for a PDF version of the transcript