Can’t see the web player, click here to listen directly.
How you show up in the world and your strength as a leader has a deep connection to the strength of your worldview. On your path to sheer clarity, with self-reflection and by asking the right questions, you’ll develop your personal theory of the world which helps to guide you on the journey to becoming the consummate leader by attraction.
Many people get caught up being busy making a name for themselves, building their career and paying their bills and overlook the value of being introspective. But having a strong conviction in your worldview is the bedrock for creating long-term success. So, what is a worldview and what questions should you be asking yourself to get clarity around it? And how does your worldview factor into the type of leader you are?
On this episode, Mathew and I explore why you need to get clear on your worldview, how to approach questions of mortality and the meaning of life from a non-religious perspective, the essential questions for you to ponder so you can determine what your worldview is, why belief in a higher power can be empowering, and so much more!
Have you started on the path to clarifying your worldview? If we’ve raised questions for you, reach out to us and tell us about your experiences. We’d love to hear from you.
Be sure to join us for next week’s episode where we’re looking at another important exercise for leaders at the midpoint in their life known as the Halftime Model.
- What is a worldview? (2:24)
- The questions that are answered when you are clear on your worldview (4:04)
- Why it’s essential for leaders to seek clarity on their worldview (8:34)
- Breaking the misconception that questions of mortality and the meaning of life are intrinsically linked with religion (13:01)
- Differentiating between religion and an existential philosophical inquiry (14:08)
- My personal philosophical orientation (16:22)
- How the strength of your conviction in your worldview affects the way you show up as a person and as a leader (17:31)
- The importance of figuring out your motivations and why you do what you do (20:51)
- Why belief in a higher power, religious or otherwise, can be an empowering and important part of humility and your worldview (23:15)
- The question you need to ask yourself when examining your operating philosophy (24:07)
- And much more!
Mentioned in this Episode:
Click here for a PDF version of the transcript